Fixings within a fire door

A new one too me here and asking for any advice from the forum.

We have had a rogue pair of joiners who obviously no longer work for us!! They have fixed the door sets through the frame not behind the fire and smoke seal. It proves some of these guys with nvq's,  training certs and references no nothing!!

Is there anything I can do to rectify the situation which would leave no risk and be acceptable?

Thank god it's Friday!!

The fire door leaf manufacturer's installation instructions will state the requirements for frame fixings. The seal's don't have to be in the groove behind the seals, but are often fitted at that position because its easier to achieve the 2mm to 4mm perimeter gaps that way. And of course the fixings are concealed once the intumescent seals are installed. 

You could remove the seals, insert the fixings and fit new seals. 

The issue is the joiners have not fixed the door behind the rebated seals and they have fixed down the legs with screw heads on show.

The testing shows them fixed behind the seals and I am concerned we are going to have to replace them now due to these clowns.

Where do I stand on this in your opinion? Is there any way around this obviously comestically it is not ideal but hoping for a solution.

TIA

I have never seen installation instructions that specify the location of the fixings to be behind the rebated seals (indeed it could be argued that this is a weak point) instead the instructions usually state the maximum centre and the penetration depth along with the sealing techniques that can be used. 

Are the screw heads below the top of the frame, would filling and decoration cover them?